Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Most Amazing Ron Weasley-Inspired Meat Pie


This is the most fatty and the most amazing meat pie ever. I mean really. It has ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, pepperoni, and bacon (and technically ham although I took it out in my version because ham is gross). Yes, this is real life. Spoon Fork Bacon is a really wonderful food blog that I've started following since finding this meat pie on Pinterest and pretty much falling in love. You should probably take a look, as they post really tasty and beautiful looking recipes.

Probably the best thing about making this pie (aside from eating it, because let me tell you - that was downright wonderful) was that the morning I was prepping to make it, I called my mom and told her about it. She then proceeded to say "I want to make a meat pie too!" and had me send her the recipe so we could make the same savory pie at the same time two states away. So, in far Northern California, my mom made a full size "Ron Weasley's Everything But The Kitchen Sink Pie," for her and my dad to enjoy, and I made six mini pies in Washington state for me and the boyfriend. We all enjoyed the pies immensely, and if they weren't so fatty, I would make them all the time.

If you're a meat enthusiast, I would definitely take a stab at this recipe, found here. It was hearty and warm and comforting, like the best possible winter recipe. I'm sure even Ron Weasley would be sated by a couple of these little pies.

[Also, a note on the pictures: I took them on my iPhone, and then it proceeded to die after I dropped it on the floor, making it so I could turn it on but not actually transfer anything to my computer. So, these pictures are actually photos of the screen of my old iPhone showing the image. This type of picture will continue for the next few recipe posts.]


In other news, I was sick for about two weeks straight and have thus been a sedentary bump on a log. But before that, I did some good exercising, adding a couple hours of hiking and a few hours of gym time.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is one gorgeous pie.

Post a Comment