Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Animal Origami



The last few days have gone by in a whirlwind of absolutely no commitments (weekend + MLK holiday + two snow days). I've had a few posts to write up, but somehow when you have nothing pressing to do, it's very hard to get anything done. Anyway, now I'm getting back on track.

Last week (or what feels like a world away when I still had work to go to) I had a massive headache during work one afternoon, and decided that crafting would be the best way to fix it. I started out making a couple paper flowers, but that wasn't working out, so I ended up making a whole menagerie of origami animals for my desk from this website. Here's a rundown of the animals, in order of least cute to most cute.

This squirrel looked cute on the website, but turned out weird.

I had the hardest time with this dog, and ended up having to cut out some of the paper.

Dachshund: simple and cute.

Koala: a little odd looking, but adorable.

Happy Lion!

Equally happy little fox.

And... The best one of the day... Drumroll please...

The oddly named, but wonderful, Asian Racoon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you gave no love to the frilled lizard! http://en.origami-club.com//animal/lizard/index.html but seriously, a very cute site :)

-Maggie

Post a Comment